The 2022 Ford F-150 comes with more engine options than you’d find with pickups like the Ford Ranger. It also has more trim levels to choose from. However, there’s one trim that holds more value than the rest. Which one is it, and what do the other trims offer?
The features of the Ford F-150 trim levels
Ford offers several trims for its Ford F-150 model. Those include:
- XL– The base model offers an 8-inch touchscreen, manual mirrors, and windows, 17-inch steel wheels, forward collision warning, and trailer sway control. The price begins at $29,900, according to Ford‘s website. That’s not much of a price increase from the previous model.
- XLT– This trim has all of the features the XL has but adds 17-inch aluminum wheels, carpeted floors, power door locks and windows, automatic braking, and front-seat lumbar adjustment. The XLT trim starts at $36,630.
- King Ranch/Platinum– For $57,110, you get a 5.0-liter V8 engine, heated and ventilated front seats, adaptive cruise control, evasive steering assist, power tilt, and telescoping steering column. Platinum is the same as the King Ranch, but it adds some new accent pieces and 20-inch wheels. With a slight increase in price, the Platinum trims starts at $59,890.
- Limited– This is the highest luxury Ford F-150 trim you can get, and it’s the most expensive at $75,150. It has a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, 22-inch polished aluminum wheels, high-quality leather upholstery, power running boards, and massaging front seats, according to Edmunds.
- Tremor– This is one of two off-roading trims for the F-150. For $50,735, you can get pretty much the same features as the XLT trim, but you also get 4WD standard and 18-inch alloy wheels. You can only get the crew cab and a 5.5-foot bed with this trim, though.
- Raptor– This is the other off-road trim. Starting at $65,375, it comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that’s tuned to produce 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque. It also has 17-inch wheels with 35-inch all-terrain tires and a 36-gallon fuel tank.
Which 2022 Ford F-150 trim is the best?
According to Car and Driver, the Ford F-150 Lariat trim offers the most bang for your buck. It does cost a bit more than the XL and the XLT, but you get a decent number of features for the price. With a starting MSRP of $46,140, you get the 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, producing 325 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque.
Paired with the engine is the standard 10-speed automatic transmission with the Select-Shift system. As far as features go, the Lariat provides more than enough to please most owners. You get everything the XLT has for starters, but it adds 18-inch aluminum wheels, leather upholstery, a remote start, a Class IV trailer hitch, and a 12-inch touchscreen. The Lariat trim also has power-adjustable front seats with heating and ventilation, dual-zone automatic climate control, power-adjustable pedals, remote tailgate release, and LED bed lighting.
What’s so special about the F-150?
The 2022 Ford F-150 model offers plenty for all kinds of drivers. For those who need a decent towing vehicle, this truck can haul up to 14,000 lbs if you choose the EcoBoost V6 engine that generates 500 lb-ft of torque or more. All trims come with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
When it comes to fuel economy, the F-150 offers 22 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on highway roads, with the 2.7-liter V6. The hybrid powertrains get you about 25 mpg in the city and 26 mpg when traveling on the highway.
Some higher trims offer a Pro Power Onboard feature that can work as a generator for your work on the go or for your home when the power goes out. It comes in 2.0, 2.4, and 7.2 kW options depending on the engine option in your choice of Ford F-150 pickup.
The 2022 Ford F-150 comes in eight different trim levels, each one offering something different for pickup owners. If you want the best value, though, the Lariat trim offers just enough standard features for the most affordable price.