How Much Is the Ford Bronco Everglades?
The last thing we need is more of a reason to drool over the Ford Bronco. Ford has just released pricing and specs for the brand-new Ford Bronco Everglades. This new trim is one of the coolest we’ve seen on the market in a long time. While many companies are offering off-road trims, the Bronco’s take on a swampy 4×4 might be the best version across the board. But, like everything in this world, we know something this cool won’t come without cost and a lengthy wait.
The Ford Bronco Everglades is sweet but it’s not cheap
The 2022 Ford Bronco Everglades starts at $54,495. Before you get too excited or discouraged by this number, for now, Ford is only offering the Everglades trim to existing order holders. This means that order holders can modify their Bronco orders to include the Everglades package for a small upcharge, of course.
According to MotorTrend, at just $1,515 more than a Badlands turbocharged 2.3-liter model with the same Sasquatch/Mid-Pack/hardtop/roof-rails combo, the Everglades trim might actually be a decent deal considering all the equipment it comes with.
What’s special about the Ford Bronco Everglades?
The Bronco Everglades comes at a premium but what you get for that extra cash is well worth it. Not only is the Everglades trim unique-looking, but the additional equipment also makes this trim a true off-roaders dream.
- Unique front and rear fenders with squared-off wheel openings hinting at the older-style Bronco Fenders.
- Special 17-inch painted alloy wheels unique to the Everglades model
- A carbonized grille with gloss-black Bronco lettering
- Exclusive Desert Sand paint color (the other four available colors are Eruption Green, Area 51, Shadow Black, and Cactus Gray)
- Fun Easter eggs like a topographical map of the Everglades on the front fenders (complete with an image of Sasquatch wading through thigh-deep water!)
- Ford’s first factory-installed snorkel for deep water crossing
- Factory-installed 10,000-lb Zeon 10-S Warn winch with 100 feet of synthetic line
Is the Ford Bronco Everglades worth it?
$54k is a lot of money for something meant to thrash around in the mud and muck. However, Ford might actually be giving customers a decent deal. MotorTrend breaks down the parts by cost, making the Everglades trim make a lot more sense.
The 2022 Ford Bronco Everglades is a four-door Black Diamond model outfitted with the Mid Package trim content. The Everglades also rocks the off-road Sasquatch Package, a molded-in-color hardtop with roof rack and crossbars, and the turbocharged 2.3-liter EcoBoost inline-four meaning it requires the ten-speed automatic transmission instead of the manual transmission.
The package the Everglades is built on costs $49,730 on its own. The Everglades, with all its additional features and equipment, only costs an additional $5k or so. Seeing as how getting the winch from Ford on its own costs $3,500. Then you add the unique wheels and air snorkel. The point is, the Ford Bronco Everglades seems like a decent deal, all things considered.