First Look: New 2023 Kia Telluride Interior
At the New York Auto Show, Kia unveiled the 2023 Kia Telluride. It has a refreshed styling, more capability, and enhanced technology with more features. One of Kia’s most well-round and best-reviewed vehicles is better than ever. If you’ve seen the exterior, you’re probably wondering what’s better on the inside? Let’s take a look at the new 2023 Kia Telluride interior.
The 2023 Kia Telluride interior is refreshed for the new model year
Kia says the Telluride’s refreshed interior has a redesigned and more technologically advanced dashboard and center console. Highlighting the dash are newly available dual 12.3-inch panoramic display screens with standard navigation. In short, instead of paying for navigation as an additional feature, you’ll pay for the dual screens that’ll come with factory navigation.
Next, class-leading interior space is important for anyone buying a three-row SUV. The Telluride is the answer if you require plenty of room for passengers and cargo. In addition, Kia included more standard convenience technology and safety features. Not only is the roomy interior luxurious, but features and tech are also plentiful.
Telluride interior: Design and style changes
For 2022, the Kia Telluride comes with curved and seamless dual screens measuring 12.3 inches. Next, the dashboard has revised trim panels and HVAC vents for its redesign. In addition, the steering wheel has a new look, furthering the interior into luxuriousness. Finally, there are brand new color packages available on the inside. There have never been more options to color your Telluride interior.
2023 Kia Telluride convenience technology
On top of the available larger dual screens with navigation, Kia added even more to the technology lineup. An optional full display mirror with HomeLink functionality is available to replace the standard rearview mirror. In addition, a Smart Power Liftgate with auto-close functionality is available. Kia Connect services provide buyers with advanced embedded connectivity, including the following:
- Digital Key gives owners the ability to connect compatible iPhones, Apple Watches, and Samsung Galaxy smartphones as a vehicle key to unlock, lock, and drive. Owners can share digital keys with friends and family via text messages.
- In-vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot allows owners to connect up to five devices to 4G LTE internet.
- Map and infotainment over-the-air updates keep maps and the infotainment system updated with the latest software and changes. No dealership visit or owner interaction is required to download the automatic updates.
- Kia Access App provides smartwatch capability through Apple Watch and Samsung Galaxy smartwatches to access features like remote climate control, door locks, and more.
- Stolen vehicle tracking and immobilization
- Connected Routing is a server-based system that calculates the optimal route using real-time and predicted traffic information based on past information and AI that learns the user’s preferred route.
- Smart Speaker Integration allows owners to use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled smart speakers or devices remotely to control functions like the remote start.
Telluride expanded the advanced driver assistance systems suite
Kia kept every ADAS feature for the new model year and added many more. Moreover, the previous model year used 15 different features for ADAS, making the Telluride safe and convenient. For 2023, a few more notable items will join the lineup. Combined with features from 2022, these make the 2023 Kia Telluride one of the most well-rounded SUVs for driver-assistance systems.
- Intelligent speed limit assist – Maximum speed sign recognition alerts the driver and limits the car’s speed depending on user settings.
- Navigation-based smart cruise control – Proactively lowers the vehicle’s speed when approaching a turn or curve in the current navigation route.
- Highway driving assist 2 – Maintains the distance from the vehicle in front and the lane position on the highway. In addition, it assists the driver with changing lanes.
- Forward collision avoidance (FCA) –
- Detects oncoming vehicles while turning left at an intersection. Moreover, brakes apply if a collision appears likely.
- Detects vehicles crossing an intersection incorrectly and applies the brakes accordingly.
- Assists in preventing collision with:
- Oncoming vehicles while passing other vehicles.
- Cycles and vehicles in front of the car while changing lanes.
- Obstacles, pedestrians, and vehicles in front of the car while driving straight.
Are the new 2023 Kia Telluride interior upgrades good?
Kia didn’t pull any punches with the 2023 Kia Telluride. Overall, an excellent three-row SUV will be much better for the next model year. Furthermore, it’s hard to improve on one of the most well-reviewed vehicles of the past few years. However, with a luxuriously redesigned interior, tons of new technology, and one of the best suite of features for advanced driver assistance systems, the 2023 Kia Telluride looks dominant in its class.