Many EV pickup trucks are on the horizon. While electric trucks like the F-150 Lightning and Rivian R1T generate a great deal of publicity, there are some lesser-known models in the works, including the 2023 Canoo Pickup Truck. Find out its release date, price, and specs.
When will the 2023 Canoo Pickup Truck be released and available?
The release date of 2023 Canoo Pickup Truck will be in Spring 2023. Customers can place a preorder for the electric truck right now. The Canoo Pickup Truck will be available to buy in the United States, as well as in select international markets. Like Atlis with the XT electric truck, Canoo will also offer a subscription-based model as an alternative to traditional vehicle ownership and leasing.
How much does the 2023 Canoo Pickup Truck cost?
Canoo didn’t yet release the price information for the 2023 Canoo Pickup Truck. However, MotorTrend estimates that the Canoo Pickup Truck will cost between $35,000 and $50,000.
2023 Canoo Pickup Truck specs: Electric motor output and driving range
The 2023 Canoo Pickup truck will be available in either all-wheel drive (AWD) or rear-wheel drive (RWD), with dual and rear electric motor configurations. For output, the Canoo Pickup Truck can generate up to 600 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque with the dual-motor configuration and 300 hp and 332 lb-ft with the rear-wheel configuration.
Compared to other electric pickup trucks, the driving range of the Canoo Pickup Truck leaves much to be desired. With its 80-kWh battery pack, it has an estimated driving range of around 200 miles.
Canoo didn’t yet reveal the towing capacity of the Canoo Pickup Truck. For payload capacity, it can carry up to 1,800 pounds for the AWD model.
Design and utility features of the 2023 Canoo Pickup Truck
One of the highlights of the 2023 Canoo Pickup Truck is its unique design. It nicely fuses modern design elements with the classic styling of vehicles from the 1960s, such as the Volkswagen Bus and Jeep FC.
The 2023 Canoo Pickup truck also has many utility features. This includes:
- Pull-out bed, which expands the bed from a length of six feet to eight feet
- Dual flip-down tables with two expandable depths — for use as workbenches
- Fold-down craftsman bar at the front of the truck, which enables you to store cargo and plug-in tools
- Roof rack, which is available in various sizes
- Safe-step, which provides safe access to the bed and roof rack, along with additional storage
- Modular bed with space dividers and wall chocks
- Multi-accessory power-plant with multiple charge ports
- Integrated overhead and bed perimeter lighting
- Camper-shell ready, with the ability to accommodate a variety of camper shells
- Tow hitch receiver
Canoo is an automaker to keep an eye on in the coming months and years. It’s a Southern California-based EV startup, with the backing of Chinese investment. Also, the founders of Canoo have a track record of working with BMW and Faraday Future. Along with the unique design of the Canoo Pickup truck, other appealing points include its subscription model, many utility features, and the ability to customize in a plethora of different ways.
As more information about the 2023 Canoo Pickup Truck becomes available, we’ll provide updates. This includes:
- Official release date
- Official price information, with the cost for each trim
- Towing capacity
- MPGe fuel economy
- Complete list of features and technologies
- Color options