The Hyundai Sonata has become one of the most popular midsize sedans over the last few years. Because of this, more and more drivers find themselves behind the wheel of a Hyundai Sonata. With such a huge increase in popularity, it is important to make sure you stay on top of the open recalls to ensure there are no huge issues you need to have addressed.
Luckily, if you own a new Hyundai Sonata from 2020 to 2022, there are plenty of ways to check out what recalls are open and if you need to complete any work.
Are there any open recalls?
If you are curious about the possibility of any open recalls on your Hyundai Sonata, check with Cars.com! You can simply enter the year of your Hyundai Sonata, and any recall will pop up.
For model years 2020 through 2022, there are a few different recalls open right now. If you go back even further, there are also a number of other recalls open. But, for the 2020 to 2022 models, there are a few you will want to keep an eye on.
2020 Hyundai Sonata recalls
Right now, there are three recalls open for the 2020 Hyundai Sonata. Each three are easily addressable, and your local Hyundai dealership can be happy to help.
- The first recall that is open dates back to February of 2020. Hyundai is recalling specific models built between October 22, 2019, and February 13, 2020, because of incorrect information on the label found inside the driver’s side door. There is incorrect information about the tire size, which, if unchanged, could lead to the wrong size tires being installed. This flaw could put you at a higher risk of an accident.
- The subsequent recall was opened in April 2020 and is related to the Remote Smart Parking Assist technology. This software is a great addition, but if your Sonata is under this recall, your car could fail to stop moving if there is movement around the car detected.
- The final recall was brought to light in March of 2022 and is the most recent recall. This recall is related to the damaged interior trunk latch, which could prevent the truck from being opened from the inside. Notification of this recall is being sent to owners in May 2022.
2021 and 2022 Hyundai Sonata recalls
If you are a driver of a 2021 or 2022 Hyundai Sonata, there are two recalls open of importance. These two recalls can become more significant if not promptly taken care of; luckily, your local Hyundai dealership is happy to help.
- The first recall that you should be aware of was opened in July of 2021. This recall affects the 2021and 2022 Hyundai Sonata models with 2.5-liter turbocharged engines. Furthermore, fuel may leak at the connection between the fuel pump and fuel rail, which could cause a fire.
- The final recall that is currently open was opened in December of 2021. This recall is only open for the 2021 Hyundai Sonata and is related to the windshield not being installed correctly during production, and it may not be bonded to the car. If this is the case, the windshield could completely detach from your sedan during an accident.
Don’t get worried, these recalls can be fixed
If you wonder if your particular Hyundai Sonata was possibly affected by these recalls, you can call the Hyundai customer service team and ask for some help. Just make sure you have the correct recall number and the correct information for your specific Hyundai Sonata, and they can let you know if your sedan needs to be repaired.
If you are affected by these specific recalls, visit your local Hyundai dealership, and they will be ready to help. Furthermore, don’t be scared away from shopping for a new Hyundai Sonata; it’s still a sought-after model. You could also choose to shop for a used Hyundai Sonata as well!