Do you love your dog so much that they go everywhere with you? After a while, dog hair overtakes your seats, or maybe your furry friend had an accident. If you’re looking for an excellent way to prevent damage to your car’s seats and other interior parts, a car seat cover is a perfect accessory. Specifically designed with your best friend in mind, the best car dog seat covers are here.
Important attributes when buying a dog car seat cover
- Design and compatibility – Not all car seat covers are one size fits all for every vehicle. Finding one that fits your car’s backseat or wherever you’d like to put it is vital.
- Water-resistance – If your canine friend gets car sick or is prone to accidents, make sure the seat cover is water-resistant. It doesn’t sound important, but you’ll be glad you remembered once something goes wrong.
- Removable/washable – How easy is it to remove and clean the dog car seat cover? It’s protecting your seats, but you don’t want all that dirt and hair inside your car forever.
- Nonslip and secure – If you’ve got hardwood or tile floors, you know your dog’s traction isn’t good. Now, think about how they’ll slide around when you’re being cut off on the highway. Nonslip and securely fastened covers are essential in keeping your pup safe.
- Non-absorbant – Ensure your car seat cover will repel dust and dirt. This makes for easy cleanup with a vacuum or by removing and dumping everything from on top of the cover.
- Comfort – Seek something padded if you’re an owner who takes their dog on long car rides. Uncomfortable dogs will frequently move around or get a bit panicky, which can cause more problems.
- Safety – Make sure your dog is as safe inside the vehicle as you’d want anyone else to be. Make sure they’re securely in place in case of a crash and so that they can’t climb into the driver’s lap.
Best overall dog car seat cover
According to Family Handyman, the best overall dog car seat cover is the Dog Back Seat Cover Protector from Active Pet. This cover comes in two sizes that fit most vehicles and is usable in various ways. Firstly, owners can secure it in its “hammock style” across the front and back headrests of the front and rear seats. This creates a protective surface for the rear seat, but it also provides a barrier to prevent antsy dogs from climbing into the front.
In addition, the cover comes with openings for a seatbelt attachment if one is required. Next, dropping the front portion turns it into a protective surface for a bench-style rear seat. Finally, owners can put the cover in the cargo area to protect the carpet. This dog car seat cover uses four layers that provide comfort for your furry friend and plenty of protection for your car’s seats. The surface is easy to clean and vacuum with water resistance and nonslip backing.
Best dog car seat cargo liner
If your dog needs more room than your rear seat provides, they’ll probably be more comfortable in the cargo area. For those larger pups, you’ll need a cargo liner. The Arf Pets Waterproof and Non-Slip SUV Cargo Liner is one of the best available. Water, drool, and excessively shedding dogs don’t stand a chance against this rigid liner to protect your car’s interior. It measures 82 by 55 inches, so make sure to measure your car’s cargo area to be sure it fits.
Dog car seat cover for a canine living a lavish lifestyle
Does your dog eat at the table and enjoy expensive food and treats? If you want the best and are willing to spend the money for it, your dog needs this seat cover. The Premium Hammock Dog Car Seat Cover is a little more expensive but comes with a universal fit and a host of premium features. Moreover, comfortability and durability are at the forefront of this model. Padding and four layers of stitching give your best friend the most comfortable ride of their life. Additionally, it uses a quilted style that makes it fit right into your luxury SUV‘s seats.
Best hammock-style cover
Anyone who needs a quick setup and a removable, perfectly functional hammock-style cover should buy the Vailge Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat. The manufacturer claims owners can easily set it up in two minutes, but we think you’ll figure it out much more quickly. The front center of the cover is a mesh material allowing the driver and front passenger to keep an eye on the dog. In addition, side panels protect the rear doors from whatever your dog will throw at them. When the dog isn’t coming along for the ride, one side is easily removed for a human passenger to climb aboard.
Backseat bench? No problem
Use the YesYees Waterproof Dog Seat Cover if you’ve got a large bench seat in your SUV or truck. This one is less invasive for the overall space of the rear seating area. While hammock-style seat covers tend to take up a lot of space, the bench-style cover provides a snug fit that blends right in. Additionally, the center armrest and cupholders are usable, and it gives access to child-seat anchors if your kid is sharing the back seat with their fur sibling. Lastly, it’s made from water-resistant materials but doesn’t hold up as well as other options in case of a bathroom accident. It’s better for wet paws than a full-blown puddle.
Keep your car clean on a budget with this front dog car seat cover
Riding shotgun isn’t recommended for pets, but sometimes owners don’t have any other choice. Whatever the reason, Urpower Dog Front Seat Covers for Cars are available. If you’re purchasing this one, make sure to get a safety harness to keep your friend safe. Moreover, the cover comes in black, grey, and khaki, and it’s completely machine washable. It’ll blend right in with your front seat and pop out for washing when necessary. Additionally, this cover will work for the captain’s chairs in the rear. It’s also shockingly affordable, at $21.99.
Best bucket seat dog car seat cover
Kurgo CoPilot Seat Covers make it easy to cover a bucket seat with a protective surface for your canine companion. It has a sleek design, so it doesn’t look too out of place inside even your luxury SUV. Additionally, black and khaki color choices can match your car’s interior. Two pouches provide space for extra storage for the human or dog. Since it uses spandex, the fit is pretty snug, and Family Handyman reported reviewers’ disappointment when it didn’t fit over their bucket seat. Be sure to measure before you purchase; the cover is 30-inches by 60-inches from the headrest to the bottom of the seat.
Best dog car seat covers
Anyone who frequently travels with a dog should purchase a car seat cover. These products are essential if you’re worried about keeping your car and pet safe. Find one that fits your needs best; there’s something for everyone, whether it is a cargo liner or a bucket seat cover. We also recommend buying a dog seatbelt, which you can find on Amazon or other popular websites for an affordable price. Those are the best dog car seat covers you should buy if you’re a dog lover.