If you’re a driver with safety on your mind, you are not alone. You may be in the market for a reliable vehicle to keep you and your passengers well-protected. If that’s the case, have you considered jumping behind the wheel of a Chrysler? Recently, U.S. News put out its list of the ‘Safest Car Brands of 2022’. Although Chrysler scored last place on the list, its safety scores may surprise you. Let’s see how Chrysler ranked and how its two models, the Chrysler 300 and Chrysler Pacifica, scored.
Are Chryslers safe vehicles?
- The Chrysler lineup received a U.S. News Safety Score of 9.3/10
The Chrysler roster is small these days and only features two models: the 300 sedan and the Pacifica minivans (with the option of a hybrid powertrain for a Pacifica Hybrid model).
For being ranked last on the U.S News‘ list of the ‘Safest Car Brands of 2022’, these vehicles were rated highly in their classes. They also scored well on their crash tests. So, to answer the question if Chrysler models are safe– they are!
How safe is the Chrysler 300?
The Chrysler 300 did have the lowest safety scores, but an 8.5 isn’t a bad score. Additionally, it received a 4-star NHTSA safety rating. The new 300 is available with several automatic safety and security features for added peace of mind. These safety features include:
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: Uses sensors to help maintain a preset distance between you and the car in front of you.
- Available Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking: Helps you by providing audible and visual warnings and applying Automated Emergency Braking, if needed.
- Available LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist: Automatically will guide you back into your lane if you accidentally drift outside.
- Available Blind Spot Monitoring System: If the system detects a car entering one of your blind spot zones, it will alert you.
Is the Chrysler Pacifica a safe minivan?
The 2022 Chrysler Pacifica scored an overall NHTSA safety rating of 5 stars. It’s also an IIHS Top Safety Pick+.
The new minivans almost came out on top with perfect scores. According to U.S. News, “The non-hybrid Chrysler Pacifica has a safety score of 9.9, while the Pacifica Hybrid has a score of 9.5. The hybrid was also a finalist for our 2022 Best Minivan for the Money award.”
The Pacifica also includes advanced safety features:
- Standard Pedestrian Automatic Emergency Braking: Automatically brakes for pedestrians.
- LED Headlamps and Taillamps: Provides optimal capability thanks to the headlamp beam width and increased headlamp beam length.
- ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System: Provides visual and audible signs of the distance between the rear fascia and the detected obstacle while backing up.
Is it a reliable car brand to buy?
If you are looking for a dependable sedan or minivan, the Chrysler lineup is worth a look. As you know, U.S. News gave Chrysler a safety score of 9.3 out of a possible 10, which is still a solid rating. This auto brand is one of the many that keeps raising the bar year after year. Still, don’t take our word for it– test drive one for yourself and explore the cutting-edge safety features up close!