Grand Theft Auto V is one of the highest-selling video games ever and has endured through three generations of different consoles. Over the last nine years, more than 160 million copies have sold. It continues to be popular, with players joining daily. Because of its popularity, GTA V has not only made tons of new gamers, but it has gotten people into cars. Rockstar Studios has always worked hard to put a huge selection of unique vehicles into the games, and GTA V is no different. What are the best cars in GTA V?
The best cars of GTA V for speed
Grand Theft Auto V has a vast roster of cars, trucks, and SUVs that is constantly growing. Because of the enormous roster, there are some clear favorites among gamers. If you are looking for speed, drifting corners like a pro, or simply wanting something unique, plenty of different options are available.
For speed demons looking for the highest speeds when playing the game, consider these three models.
- Ocelot Pariah: This sports car looks striking with styling cues from a few cars, most notably, an Aston Martin. This unique sports car is one of the most impressive in the game. With a top speed of 136 mph, the Ocelot Pariah is remarkably fast. Plus, it can be modified to make it even faster. It does cost $1,420,000 in in-game currency, which is a pretty hefty price tag.
- Benefactor BR8: Based on an Indy car, this race car is ready to bring you straight-line speed and tight-handling. You can enjoy a top speed of 123 mph. With a price tag of more than $3,000,000 in in-game currency, the Benefactor BR8 is a big investment, but it is certainly worth it.
- Bravado Banshee 900R: This car brings classic American styling that looks strikingly similar to a Dodge Viper. The Bravado Banshee 900R will help you enjoy a top speed of 131 mph. Plus, for budget-minded games, this sports car will cost $565,000.
GTA V cars for drifting
Plenty of gamers enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto V because of the high speeds these cars can achieve. But, for drivers who don’t just want to enjoy top speeds, these are some outstanding models built for drifting. These models are ready to help you become the virtual drifter you have dreamed of.
Drivers looking to show off their drifting skills, consider these three models!
- Karin Futo: If you want a car that looks straight out of the classic Initial D, choose a Karin Futo. With styling that is heavily reminiscent of the Toyota AE86, you can manji down the straights or pull some heavy angle in the turns. Plus, you can pick one up for just $9,000.
- Buffalo STX: One of the most popular cars from the GTA V universe is the Buffalo S. The Buffalo STX is an updated version. The Buffalo STX is nearly identical to the Dodge Charger and has some impressive performance. You can easily throw out the rear end and smoke out your virtual competition, as long as you have $2,000,000 to spare.
- Dinka RT3000: With a list price of $1,715,000 in-game, the Dinka RT3000 is the small coupe made for drifting. Based on the popular Honda S2000, this unique two-seater has plenty of upgrades and can be a great car to drift.
Three of the most unique cars available
Of course, Grand Theft Auto V comes with many more practical models, nearly 700 according to GameRant. But the fun behind GTA V is the crazy and unique cars that are available. These three cars are some of the most amazing models but are just a taste of what GTA V can offer.
- Vigilante: Have you been dreaming of driving the Batmobile? But you don’t have $399,000 in real life? Instead, consider the GTA V version, the Vigilante. With a top speed of 150 mph, a price tag of more than $3,000,000 of in-game currency, and vigilante-inspired weaponry, a Vigilante can be a better choice.
- Pegassi Toreador: With design influences that draw from a few different classic Lamborghini models, the Pegassi Toreador is a 60s-inspired sports car you will love. Coming in with a price tag of $3,600,000, this is not only fit for the road but can also go underwater and help you explore even more of Los Santos.
- The Deluxo: If you want to feel like Marty McFly and Doc, consider the Deluxo with its DeLorean styling. For the paltry price of $4,721,500, you can virtually enjoy driving on the road and lifting off into the sky above Los Santos.
How do you get these cars?
These models are all available for gamers to purchase in GTA V Online. GTA V Online is a big reason this game continues to be remarkably popular. The prices for these, not including the Karin Futo, seem ridiculous. Luckily, if you frequently play GTA V Online, you know it is pretty easy to earn enough in-game currency to afford one of these cars. PC Gamer notes that you can easily make money thanks to the available heists, the ability to own properties and businesses, and more criminal options.
If you don’t want to spend the time earning money in-game, you can also buy in-game currency with real money. You can look at the Shark Card, a method to get in-game currency without needing too much work.
GTA V has plenty of replayability thanks to these great models
Grand Theft Auto V continues to be one of the most popular video games and works hard to keep the game fresh with new updates. More importantly, playing GTA V can help you experience impressive cars, trucks, and SUVs having striking similarities to real-world models.
RELATED: Volvo Makes An Epic Partnership