It’s not the fanciest luxury SUV you’ll find, but you certainly won’t kick the 2022 Acura RDX out of your garage. In fact, you’ll probably like seeing it there, especially when it’s time to head out for a drive. The RDX is one of the most affordable compact luxury models, giving you a higher quality of driving than you might expect for the price. Let’s dive in and see what makes the Acura RDX the luxury SUV you want to drive.
1. The cabin of the 2022 Acura RDX is spacious
Across the two rows of seats, everyone in this luxury SUV will feel comfortable and relaxed. Rear passengers enjoy up to 38 inches of legroom and the cargo area measures 29.5 cubic feet behind the seats. If you need more cargo area, the rear seats fold to open up 58.8 cubic feet for you.
2. Admire the steering and handling
Driving the Acura RDX is a pleasure on any road. This SUV feels right on any road with light steering and very little body roll. The available SH-AWD system is worth the added cost. This system enhances your drive by sending power to all four wheels when you need it.
3. The interior materials start right and only get better in the Acura RDX
This Acura luxury SUV doesn’t let you forget that it plays in a higher class. The materials offered in the cabin are excellent and only get better as you climb the trim ladder. The Technology trim brings you leather upholstery, while the A-Spec model has leather and suede to give you an upscale look and feel. Admire the wood trim in the Advanced model which adds the classic luxury feeling you desire.
4. The standard model is a complete luxury SUV package
Sometimes, even luxury brands leave their base models with missing items that make you spend more money to enjoy features that should be standard. The 2022 Acura RDX doesn’t do this. Acura includes the following in the base trim:
- LED headlights, taillights, daytime running lights
- Keyless entry/ignition
- Powered tailgate
- Power tilt/slide panoramic roof
- Dual-zone automatic climate controls
- Heated 12-way power-adjustable front seats
- Simulated leather upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Self-dimming rearview mirror
- 10.2-inch infotainment screen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Amazon Alexa
- Natural voice recognition
- USB-A and USB-C charging ports
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Forward-collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Pedestrian detection
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alerts
- Adaptive cruise control
5. The ride is much quieter than before
The latest version of the RDX brings you a quieter ride. This is the result of the added acoustic glass. You’ll hear less wind and road noise in this luxury SUV, making the ride much more enjoyable than before.
6. Adding more tech is easy in the 2022 Acura RDX
The Technology trim gives you more of what you want for an affordable price. This trim level of the RDX brings you:
- Navigation system
- Two rear USB charge ports
- 12-speaker premium audio system
- Front and rear parking sensors
Are there any changes to the 2022 Acura RDX?
Yes, the 2022 version of this luxury SUV does have some significant updates. These include:
- Styling changes to the front and rear
- Improved sound insulation
- More safety equipment
- Technology and Advanced packages add more features
- Advanced package is now offered for the A-Spec trim
- More exterior colors
Is it worth the price to buy the RDX luxury SUV?
With a starting MSRP of $39,300, the Acura RDX is relatively affordable. This SUV is rated fourth among luxury compact SUVs by U.S. News and World Report.
Is the new Acura RDX reliable?
The 2022 RDX is one of the most reliable luxury SUVs on the market today. RepairPal rates this SUV Excellent in its class. The class average for compact luxury crossovers is Above Average, which means you’ll have one of the most reliable models if you drive the RDX.
Next take a look at how Toyota is celebrating 40 years of the 4Runner, or watch the 2022 Acura RDX video below:
This article was updated on 7/24/2022.