A car shipping service widens the range of available cars, so you won’t have to settle for a car buying experience you aren’t happy with. Before you commit to a delivery service, there are some factors you’ll have to consider. Doing your research, evaluating your options for car delivery services, and asking the right questions will help ease the stress of purchasing a car.
Questions to keep in mind when choosing a shipping company
The car shipping company you choose will be responsible for safely delivering your brand-new purchase, so you’ll want to ensure you’re vetting them with the right questions. Here are six questions to keep in mind.
- Do they offer shipping to your location? You’ll want first to confirm that they offer delivery to your specific location. Not all shipping companies are equipped to deliver cars nationwide, especially if they’re delivering to a remote area.
- Can they provide an estimate of all costs? Shop around at a few different shipping companies to get a sense of what’s a reasonable price. Purchasing a vehicle is already a hefty expense, so the last thing you need is to get ripped off on delivery charges.
- Do they have previous reviews from real customers? All companies will claim that they are the best. Don’t just take their word for it, though. Check their credentials by looking for customer reviews on Google, Yelp, or other platforms. An unreliable company would have received a string of negative reviews.
- How long will delivery take? Some companies can deliver vehicles faster than others. If you’re on a tight deadline to receive your new vehicle, you’ll want to confirm they can ship it on time.
- What are the safety measures they take while shipping your vehicle? A company that has put safety measures in place while transporting your vehicle understands that, sometimes, things go wrong on the road. You’ll want to put your mind at ease by familiarizing yourself with their safety protocols.
- If your vehicle does incur damage in transit, do they cover the costs? Unfortunately, even the most stringent safety measures can’t eliminate all risks on the road. Ask your shipping company what their procedure is in case of an accident where your vehicle is damaged. It may mean that you’ll have to pay a fee to add insurance, but it’s a small price to pay compared to the cost of any repairs.
A checklist is essential to help you choose the right car shipping company. These six questions will lead you in the right direction and help get your vehicle delivered to your home safely.
What are your options when buying a car online?
The days of visiting local dealerships hoping to find your dream car are slowly becoming the past. The process of car buying has become increasingly painless since car companies have shifted toward a more buyer-centric approach where shoppers have the option to purchase cars online. Online car companies now deliver right to your doorstep, so the entire process of vehicle shopping can be done in the convenience of your home.
Here are a couple of options for online purchasing that you could consider.
1. Purchase your car from an online car dealership that offers shipping
There are car companies that are a one-stop shop for online purchasing. According to Access Auto Insurance, three good options are Carvana, Vroom, and Roadster. These car companies have user-friendly apps and websites for you to shop for a vehicle, purchase it online, and choose to deliver it to your doorstep. Online car dealerships eliminate the need for you to organize a third-party car shipping company because they have systems in place to handle all the details for you. If you’re looking for a hassle-free experience, using one of these companies is the way to go.
2. Purchase your car from an out-of-state dealership and hire a shipping company to deliver it
Finding a deal on an out-of-state car is now an accessible option for buyers. You can find a shipping company to deliver your car to your doorstep. If you’re purchasing a vehicle from an out-of-state dealership, they may be able to provide a trusted shipping company. Or, if you want to explore your options, do your research and scope out the best price. You’ll be pleasantly surprised that multiple companies are offering this service. Although this method may require more work, you’re more likely to snag a better deal and can save some money on shipping costs.