The 4 Best SUVs for Dogs Are Ready for Your Furry Friend
Do your summer adventures include taking your furry friend with you? If so, you’ll want to drive one of the best cars for dogs. Whether a car or an SUV, the best dog vehicles offer qualities that make your four-legged friend comfortable while keeping them safe. Here are a few vehicles that could be great for you and your dog.
2023 Subaru Crosstrek
The Crosstrek checks off many dog-friendly boxes to make it a great choice for pet parents everywhere. This impressive Subaru SUV includes standard AWD, making reaching wilderness trails easy so you can travel off the beaten path.
The Subaru Crosstrek includes:
- 20.8 cu-ft of cargo space – expands to 55.3 cu-ft with flat rear seats
- 38 inches of headroom for fitting dogs and their crates
- Four standard cargo area tie-downs and two bag hooks
- Optional cargo floor tray for quick cleanup
- Wide rear entry for easy dog loading
- Low floorboards make it easier for small and older dogs to get in and out
The only dog-related drawback of the Crosstrek is the lack of rear climate controls. This means your pooch might pant a lot more than normal when seated in the rear of this Subaru SUV.
2023 Jeep Wrangler
When you want to tackle the wilderness and have a dog that enjoys your adventures, the Wrangler could be the most dog-friendly SUV you’ll find. This Jeep SUV is made for off-road fun and gives you an easy-to-clean interior, which is great for pet parents.
The Jeep Wrangler includes:
- 31.7 cu-ft of interior cargo space
- The option of two or four-door models
- Lots of upgrades to customize the Wrangler for you and your dog
- Cargo tie-downs for securing crates and other necessities
- 4WD for your deep wilderness adventures
While rugged, capable, and tough, the Jeep Wrangler doesn’t have climate controls and might not be the safest option for toting your furry friend into the wilderness.
2023 Tesla Model X
This Tesla SUV might be the best SUV for a dog simply because of one extremely cool feature. The Model X includes Dog Mode, a climate control system setting to keep your pet comfortable in the cabin while you’re in the store or enjoying dinner in a restaurant. With this mode, you never have to leave your furry friend at home. The Dog Mode has a dashboard message to let passersby know your pupper is comfortable and happy in the vehicle.
The Tesla Model X includes:
- Maximum cargo capacity of 91 cu-ft
- Falcon-wing doors offer easy access to dogs
- Active Road Noise Reduction creates a calm and quiet cabin
- Standard AWD
- Dog Mode
Compared to the other dog-friendly vehicles on this list, the Tesla Model X is one of the priciest vehicles you can buy. If you’re ready to spoil your pooch, this Tesla can be the best SUV for your dog.
2023 Chevrolet Equinox
This Chevy SUV includes several cool features that could make your dog’s tail wag with joy. This is one of the best SUVs for tall dogs when you add the optional sunroof and allow your furry friend to put their head out the top. The hands-free rear entry and foldable rear seats help make this a versatile and useful SUV for you and your dog.
The Chevrolet Equinox includes:
- 29.9 cu-ft of cargo space behind the rear seats, 63.9 cu-ft when folded
- Active Noise Cancellation for a quiet ride
- Storage space beneath the cargo area
- Optional all-weather cargo and floorboard mats make cleanup easier
- Standard AWD
- Wide rear entry provides easy access for dogs
The Equinox sits a little higher than some other SUVs, which might make it too high for smaller and older dogs to enter comfortably.
Which of these four SUVs will be best for you and your dog?