3 Reasons the 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 Could Be the Truck to Buy and 2 Reasons to Pass
There are some pretty beefy trucks out there for the 2023 model year, making it hard for consumers to decide which to buy. And among the top contenders is the 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500. This pickup will be an exciting contender with its sleek styling and more robust diesel engine option.
But not all critics are singing its praises. In fact, a closer look at TrueCar’s evaluation, you’ll find a healthy mix of both positive and negative sentiments. Here’s a deeper dive into three reasons you’ll want to drive the Silverado 1500, along with two reasons to pass on it.
Meet the 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500
It’s a stunning ride, really. The 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 came out of the gate this year with every intention of turning heads. It’s a full-size pickup with nine (yes, nine) available trim levels. You can also select your cab and bed configurations to create your perfect-fit truck.
Here are the trim levels, each with additional upgrades and amenities: Work Truck (WT,) the Custom, Custom Trail Boss, the LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, the ZR2, the LTZ, and High Country. And there are additional packages to consider, too, including the Chevy Safety Assist package with extra driver aids, the Safety Package with even more driver aids, and the Technology package for the LTZ and High Country trims with a head-up display and a bed-view camera.
Under the hood, you’ll have options, too, including the turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder, the 5.3-liter V8 engine, the 6.2-liter V8 engine, and the turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder diesel engine capable of 305 hp. If you’re looking for more pickup bang for your buck, Edmunds suggests opting for the LT trim. Adventure seekers should definitely check out the Trail Boss or ZR2.
Reasons to take this truck home
On to the TrueCar evaluation, where the team sifted through the data and applied their proprietary rating system to generate “best truck” results. And right off the bat, there are three big reasons to take the 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 home with you.
1. You’re going to love having all the engine options. The Silverado makes it easy to pick just the right muscle and power you need without overspending on any horsepower you don’t need for the job.
2. Tow ratings for the Silverado 1500 are great, averaging 8,900 to 11,000 lbs.
3. The third reason to buy this truck is the robust suite of driver-assistance features. Even without selecting the additional safety packages, which are nice, you’re still loaded with abundant aids, including the rear cross-traffic alert that also buzzes the seat with its warning.
Reasons to steer clear
Despite its impeccable first impressions, the 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 does have a couple of drawbacks. And according to the TrueCar evaluation, there are two reasons why you might decide to leave it on the dealership lot.
1. The ride quality for this full-size pickup is mediocre, at best. It’s just not as smooth as others in its class. And it’s surprising considering all the attention to detail that seemed to go into engineering it.
2. The second con that might dissuade your purchase is the interior trims. When compared to the Ram 1500 or the Ford F-150, the Silverado 1500 just doesn’t shine as bright when it comes to interior appointments.
The full-size pickup truck segment isn’t getting any less competitive in 2023. And the 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 definitely deserves a look if you’re in the market to buy. Just keep these reasons to buy and reasons NOT to buy in mind when weighing your options. Depending on your preferences, your decision might be made for you.