Is the 2023 Ram 1500 TRX a New Dinosaur Headed for Extinction or 1 of the Best Off-Road Trucks?
Can we have option “C”? The 2023 Ram 1500 TRX is relatively new, but the powertrain is headed for extinction. In a world moving toward hybrid and electric vehicles, including trucks, the Hellcat engine in the TRX will soon be replaced. That doesn’t stop this incredible Ram truck from being one of the best off-road trucks available today.
How much power does the Hellcat engine give the 2023 Ram 1500 TRX?
The Hellcat engine is a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V8. This engine resides in the engine bays of the Dodge Charger and Challenger Hellcat models. This Ram truck’s engine is tuned to 702 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. This power level makes the TRX the most powerful half-ton truck in the market, besting the new Ford F-150 Raptor R by two horsepower.
Is the TRX the off-road truck in the Ram lineup?
Yes, Ram gives the TRX an off-road package that makes it the truck you’ll want to drive during a high-speed desert run or climb some hills deep in the woods. This specialized trim gives you:
- Flared fenders
- Amber LED lights in the hood scoop
- Upgraded engine cooling
- A performance exhaust system
- Specialized lifted suspension
- Bilstein adaptive dampers
- 35-inch all-terrain tires
- Upgraded brakes
- Electronic locking rear differential
- Underbody skid plates
- 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- 10-speaker premium sound system
- Launch control
- Traditional floor shifter
- Customizable instrument panel
- LED headlights and fog lights
- 33-gallon fuel tank
Are there any options packages for the 2023 Ram 1500 TRX?
Yes, this hardcore off-roader brings a few packages to the mix. You can enjoy the features of the TRX Level 1 Group, which include:
- Leather upholstery
- 8-way power front seats
- Heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Surround-view monitor
- Power-adjustable pedals
- Rain-sensing wipers
The TRX Level 2 Group is also offered, which brings:
- Ventilated outboard seats
- Remote engine starting
- Proximity key fob keyless entry
- ParkSense front and rear park assist
- ParkSense rear park assist with stop and release
- Blind-spot monitoring with trailer detection
- Rear cross-traffic alerts
- Power adjustable pedals
- Power tailgate release
- Wireless device charging
- LED bed lighting
- Off-road and on-road performance monitoring screens
- Driver’s side memory settings for the seat, mirrors, pedals, and audio system
Other items you might want to add to the 2023 Ram 1500 TRX are:
- RamBar lightbar
- Bed-mounted tire carrier
Can you choose various cab and bed sizes for the TRX?
No, all models of the Ram TRX are Crew Cab trucks with a 5-foot 7-inch bed. This build is ideal for offering the best off-road statistics during your drive. This off-road truck sits 11.8 inches above the ground, and it offers:
- 30.2-degree approach angle
- 23.5-degree departure angle
- 21.9-degree breakover angle
How much does the 2023 Ram 1500 TRX cost?
The starting price of this off-road-focused Ram truck is $79,355. Adding options will quickly increase the price over the $80,000 mark.
Is this Ram truck a good off-road half-ton truck?
Yes, this version of the Ram 1500 brings an off-road build to the market that’s previously unmatched. The Hellcat engine might be on its way out of the market, but it’s still offered and gives this truck incredible power.
If you’re looking for the best truck for high-speed off-road adventures, the Ram 1500 TRX is in the mix, but the top dog is the new Ford F-150 Raptor R.
Next, check out the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro or watch the 2023 Ram 1500 TRX in this video below: