2023 Lexus NX 450h+: 6 Things You’re Sure to Love
The 2023 Lexus NX 450h+ can say it’s a pretty big deal and mean it. This Lexus SUV is the first worldwide Lexus plug-in hybrid SUV. The 450h+ represents this compact luxury crossover SUV’s top trim level and power offering. Here are just a few things that could make you fall in love with this top-trim of the Lexus NX.
1. The 2023 Lexus NX 450h+ delivers impressive power
The engine found in this Lexus hybrid SUV is called the Toyota Dynamic Force Engine. Essentially, this means it’s the same powertrain found in the Toyota RAV4 Prime, a 2.5-liter engine, and two electric motors. This setup brings a standard AWD layout and 304 horsepower. That’s two more horsepower than the Toyota counterpart, giving this Lexus SUV a slight advantage.
2. Lexus offers four excellent drive modes in this hybrid SUV
The 2023 Lexus NX 450h+ offers four drive modes: EV, Auto EV/HEV, HEV, and Self-Charge. These four modes function as follows:
- EV Mode – Electric only with no tailpipe emissions
- Auto EV/HEV Mode – The system selects the driving mode between EV and hybrid EV
- HEV Mode – Hybrid driving, allowing maximum power and performance
- Self-Charge Model – The battery uses engine power and regenerative braking to recharge during gas-only driving
3. The Lexus NX 450h+ has an onboard charger
The standard onboard charger in this Lexus hybrid SUV is a 3.3-kW model. An optional 6.6-kW onboard charger is available for those seeking a higher power level. If you intend to use the electric power for external devices regularly, the larger charger could be a useful addition to your Lexus SUV.
4. Plenty of cargo room for a compact crossover SUV
The Lexus NX 450h+ offers 22.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats. While this figure isn’t enough to blow you away, it’s plenty for a trip to Grandma’s house with all the gear a toddler might need. If you need more cargo room, the rear seats fold to expand this area to 46.9 cubic feet.
5. Large screens and digital displays dominate the 2023 Lexus NX 450h+ dashboard
This top-level NX provides a 12.3-inch digital instrument display that’s customizable. You’ll also find a 10-inch head-up display and a 14-inch touchscreen for the infotainment system. The Lexus interface brings cloud navigation, an improved Voice Assistant, enhanced noise cancellation technology, wireless connectivity, and 14 mood lighting themes. You’ll also enjoy the benefits of a wireless charger and the Digital Key feature in this Lexus hybrid SUV.
6. The F Sport Handling model delivers the goods
Go for the 2023 Lexus NX 450h+ with the F Sport Handling package, and you’ll have a full list of features that make driving more enjoyable. This version of the NX includes:
- F Sport front fascia and mesh grille insert
- 20-inch split-five-spoke alloy wheels finished in Gloss Black
- F Sport front fender badges
- F Sport gloss black side mirrors, window surround, and roof rails
- F Sort rear bumper with rear valance
- Dark Graphite Aluminum trim
- Aluminum pedals
- F Sport front seats with improved bolsters
- F Sport perforated leather-trimmed shift knob and steering wheel
- Race-inspired paddle shifters
- G-meter and energy monitor displays
- Adaptive variable suspension
- Performance dampers
- Bi-LED headlights with Adaptive Front Lighting System
- Drive Connect trial with Cloud Navigation
- Front seat ventilation
- Lexus Memory System, steering wheel, and side mirrors
- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof
- Power rear door with kick sensor
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Intuitive Parking Assist with Automatic Braking
Will these features and qualities put the 2023 Lexus NX 450h+ near the top of your list?