2023 Kia Soul: Which Trim Is Best for You?
Kia introduced the first Kia Soul for the 2009 model year. Its boxy shape and vibrant colors made it popular with younger drivers and those young at heart. You may still remember their commercials featuring hamsters as drivers and passengers rolling past other hamsters on the road going nowhere in their dull hamster wheels. The newest 2023 Kia Soul maintains its youthful appeal while offering something for everyone.
2023 Kia Soul trim levels
The 2023 Kia Soul promises four unique trim levels, LX, S, GT-Line, and EX. Unfortunately, the offroad-inspired X-Line is absent from the Kia Soul trim lineup. Also missing is the Turbo trim with its turbocharged 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine delivering 201 horsepower.
For 2023, all Kia Souls utilize a 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder engine with 147 horsepower backed by a continuously variable transmission (CVT) to provide power to the front-wheel-drive system.
While some popular trims are unavailable for 2023, Kia makes up for the loss by including a suite of driver-assist features on all trim levels at no additional cost. Standard driver-assist features include:
- Forward-collision avoidance with pedestrian detection and automatic emergency braking
- Lane-keeping assist with lane-following assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Driver attention monitor
- Automatic high-beam headlights
- Rear occupant alert (reminder to check the backseat before leaving the vehicle)
2023 Kia Soul S or LX?
The base trim Kia Soul LX, with an estimated $19,500 price tag, features three driver-selectable modes, Eco, Comfort, and Sport, which adjust throttle, air conditioning, steering, and transmission settings for optimum performance. Standard features include:
- 16-inch wheels with plastic covers
- Rear window defrost
- Power side mirrors
- Seating for five
- Black or gray woven cloth seat covers
- Manual height-adjustable driver’s seat
- 60/40 split-folding rear seat
- Power windows
- Bluetooth phone connectivity for hands-free convenience
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay through a wired connection to your smartphone
The available Technology Package adds blind-spot monitoring, rear-cross-traffic alerts, lane-change assist, and 16-alloy wheels.
- 16-inch allow wheels
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Dual-zone climate control
- Increases the LX touchscreen from eight inches to 10.25-inches
- Built-in navigation
- SiriusXM satellite radio
- Wireless charging pad
- Bluetooth with voice recognition
- Smart key with proximity key fob
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic detection
- Lane change assist
What’s special about the 2023 Kia Soul GT-Line?
The 2023 Kia Soul GT-Line carries an estimated $22,700 MSRP and represents the sportiest trim level available, although it has the same 147-hp engine as other trim levels. The sportiness of the GT-Line comes from upgraded suspension and steering components along with an 18-inch wheel and tire package. The GT-Line appearance package includes:
- Unique front and rear bumpers
- Body-color side mirrors
- A chrome-tipped center-mounted exhaust
- Faux-leather trim
What is the top trim for Kia Soul?
Buyers looking for the top-of-the-line 2023 Kia Soul will find that the Kia Soul EX does not disappoint. With an estimated starting price of $23,600, the Kia Soul EX trim features:
- 17-inch sport alloy wheels
- Heated side mirrors
- Fog lights
- Power sunroof
- Heated front seats
- Rear center armrest with cup holders
- Illuminated sun visors
- LED interior lighting
- Premium cloth seating
- dual-level cargo floor
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Is the 2023 Soul worth buying?
The 2023 Kia Soul is worth buying if you like the looks of its boxy style. While the boxy aesthetic doesn’t please everyone, the shape gives the most passenger shoulder room and increases overall cargo space. In addition, the standard safety features make the 2023 Kia Soul a contender for anyone needing the extra space.