Buying a four-door car is a prudent move for people with friends and family that they’d like to take along for the ride. Choosing a good car can be difficult enough, without worrying about fuel economy. However, the Hyundai Sonata might be the solution to your problem. The new 2022 Hyundai Sonata offers variety, a top-notch warranty, and is simply one of the best cars on the market with over 40 mpg.
- 2022 Hyundai Sonata is available in a sporty 290 horsepower N Line configuration and a 2.0L hybrid electric inline four-cylinder powertrain.
- Hyundai Sonata is available 9 trims, from the base model SE through the range-topping Hybrid Limited
- The Sonata Hybrid Blue achieves 52 mpg combined while the Sonata Hybrid Limited manages an admirable 47 mpg combined.
Is the 2022 Hyundai Sonata a good car?
The 2022 Hyundai Sonata does a number of things very well. First, the Sonata offers consumers variety. Shoppers can buy a base model SE or next up SEL and not feel bad about the purchase or how much they spent. Also, if consumers want a nicer, more well-equipped Sonata, they can opt for a Limited or fuel-efficient Hybrid Limited.
Next, the Hyundai Sonata has a respectable predicted reliability score of four out of five according to Consumer Reports. Also, should something go wrong with your Sonata, it may be covered by Hyundai’s class-leading warranty.
Which trim choice is the most fuel-efficient?
Although the lineup incorporates three hybrid models, TrueCar says the most fuel-efficient is the 2022 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Blue. The Hybrid Blue handles city transportation with a gas-sipping 50 mpg. Additionally, the Hybrid Blue cruises efficiently at highway speeds, with an EPA highway rating of 54 mpg. Those two scores combine to give the Hybrid Blue an overall score of 52 mpg, one of the best scores in the segment.
Is the Hyundai Sonata a safe car?
In addition to class-leading fuel efficiency and warranty, the 2022 Hyundai Sonata is a safe car. According to Consumer Reports, the new Sonata is an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick. Also, the Hyundai model has a five-star overall crash rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). However, the Sonata failed to achieve perfect scores, having received four stars in the frontal-crash testing.
How much is the new Sonata?
The new Hyundai Sonata is priced according to trim specifications, with the cheapest being the base model SE. Consumers can expect to pay around $35,445-$36,745 for a Limited, depending on whether they opt for a hybrid or gas-powered model.
- The base model SE has a starting price of $25,195
- Hyundai Sonata SEL starts at $27,295
- The fuel-efficient Hybrid Blue starts at $28,395
- 2022 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SEL starts at $31,145
- The plusher SEL Plus has a starting price of $32,495
- Hyundai’s sporty Sonata N Line- starts at $34,795
- The N Line Night Edition starts at $35,795
- 2022 Hyundai Sonata Limited starts at $35,445
- The range-topping Hybrid Limited starts at $36,745
The 2022 Hyundai Sonata is one of the best cars on the market with over 40 mpg
With lots of trim variety, dependable safety merits, and environmentally friendly fuel-economy numbers, the Hyundai Sonata is an excellent choice for sedan shoppers. Scroll down to read more about fuel-efficient cars.