The 2021 Toyota Tacoma is one of the most popular and recommended trucks in its class. As far as midsize pickups go, it brings a lot to the table for an affordable price. There have been plenty of new announcements for electric trucks, redesigns, and especially off-road capable trims recently. Let’s not let that distract from the old faithful, the best-selling midsize pickup truck in America. The 2021 Toyota Tacoma is still a phenomenal choice for anyone looking for a truck in its segment. It’s filled with plenty of safety, convenience, and other features. So what features come standard on a 2021 Toyota Tacoma?
2021 Toyota Tacoma SR standard features
The SR trim of the Tacoma is the base trim, so naturally, it comes with the fewest number of extras compared to all the others. The SR still comes with great amenities that make it one of the better bang-for-your-buck trucks on the market.
- Projector beam headlights with turn Daytime Running Lights
- Dark gray grille with black surround, color-keyed power outside mirrors, color-keyed door handles and bumper
- Fiber-reinforced sheet-molded composite inner bed with steel outer panels, storage compartments, rail caps with easy lower, lockable and removable tailgate
- Deck rail system with four adjustable tie-down cleats and four fixed cargo bed tie-down points
- Skid plates engine/front suspension
- Integrated color-keyed tailgate spoiler
- Class IV Towing Receiver Hitch, ATF Cooler, Engine Oil Cooler, Power Steering Cooler, 130-amp alternator, 4 & 7 pin connector with convertor, and trailer sway control
- Analog instrumentation with speedometer, tachometer, coolant temperature, and fuel gauges; 4.2-inch color multi information display with outside temperature, odometer, trip meters, and average fuel economy
- 3 USB ports
- Urethane tilt/telescopic steering wheel with audio controls
- 7.0-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Advanced voice recognition and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology
These are all the standard features included in a base model 2021 Toyota Tacoma. With all of that technology and luxury included for a starting price of just $26,400, how can you go wrong? The Tacoma remains one of the best pickups in any segment, but especially it’s own. The best-selling truck in its class didn’t get such an achievement by accident. Because these features are for the SR trim level of the Tacoma, they’re also included on every Tacoma variant throughout the lineup. The Tacoma is reliable, luxurious, and the TRD Pro model gives drivers even more.
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro standard featuress
The TRD Pro is the off-road-focused trim for the Toyota Tacoma. It also gives it some of the nicest features available, and of course a higher price point. Here are the features included in the TRD Pro trim that aren’t available on the SR.
- LED headlights with sequential LED turn signal and black sport bezels, Daytime Running Lights (DRL), Rigid Industries LED fog lights, and taillights with black sport bezels
- 120V/400-watt deck-mounted AC Power Outlet
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade
- 16-inch TRD Pro black alloy wheels with P265/70R16 all-terrain tires
- Power sliding rear window with privacy glass
- Smart key system on front doors with push button start
- Multi-terrain monitor with camera
- TRD Pro front skid plate
- Analog instrumentation with speedometer, tachometer, coolant temperature, and fuel gauges
- Front dual zone climate control
- Qi-compatible wireless smartphone and mobile device charging
- Black TRD Pro leather-trimmed heated front seats; 10-way adjustable driver’s seat including 2-way power lumbar support; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Leather-trimmed shift lever
- TRD Pro shift knob
- TRD Pro floor mats
- Remote keyless entry system
- Premium Audio, Dynamic Navigation includes 6 speakers, 8.0-inch touchscreen HD Radio, Dynamic Navigation with 3-year trial, Dynamic POI search, Dynamic Voice Recognition, and hands-free phone capability
Is the 2021 Tacoma a safe truck?
All of these features and more are included in the 2021 Toyota Tacoma. This midsize truck is capable, long-lasting, and the base model is decked out with convenient technology. The TRD Pro model starts at $44,325 and gives drivers all the technology you could ever need. The off-roading capability is an added bonus for anyone who might be interested in straying away from standard roads. Furthermore, the Tacoma manages a respectable 20-24 highway mpg and received a 9.1/10 safety rating from U.S. News & World Report.